WinUSB is a simple tool that enable you to create your own usb stick windows installer from an iso image or a real DVD.
This package contains two programs:
- WinUSB-gui: a graphical interface which is very easy to use.
- winusb: the command line tool.
Supported images: Windows Vista, Seven, 8 installer for any language and any version (home, pro...) and Windows PE.
New release (1.0.7) : 2012-05-03
You can download the WinUSB binary here.
Binaries are programs that can be directly used on your computer. If you just want to try or use WinUSB, it's a good choice.
Using the PPA is recomended since you will receive updates automaticaly from your update manager.
You only need to install the PPA (Personal Package Archives) once. In order to do that, you just need to lunch this command :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:colingille/freshlight && sudo apt-get update
Then, you can simply use this apt-url to install WinUSB : apt://winusb.
You can also download the debian package of WinUSB manualy if you want :
You can download the WinUSB sources here.
If you just want to try or use this program, please download the binaries (it's easier)
Written by boson on 2014-07-23 at 14h 54min.
The PPA repository is giving a 404 error.
Written by wiarlocos on 2012-05-03 at 07h 59min.
Thanks for the tips, will try to make it work but I have little knowledge about this. Anyway thank you very much.
Written by Congelli501 on 2012-04-27 at 21h 39min.
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about MeeGo. But I can give you a few advices:
- The first thing you have to do is to install wxWidgets, you should find it with your package system.
- Then, you can build winusb or use the Ubuntu binaries (as Linux systems are homogenous nowadays, it should not be a problem).
If you can't do that, there are two other solutions:
- Use the script directly, without the GUI. You have to install ntfsprogs, but you don't have to build anything.
- Use an Ubuntu live CD / live USB and install winusb.
Written by wiarlocos on 2012-04-27 at 10h 59min.
Hi, i need to use this great app in a Netbook with MeeGo installed, can help me?. Thanks in advance.
Written by Congelli501 on 2012-04-19 at 18h 42min.
In order to use my program, you can change the "gksudo" command in the script /usr/bin/winusb to "beesu".
I will try to change this behavior but I don't have much time yet.
Copyright "Colin GILLE / Congelli 501" 2009, all right reserved - Go back up